A gorgeous 2-storey family home with 22 en-suite bedrooms.
A delightfull, well-kept and secure residents garden with sunny patio.
Abbeyfield always provides physical, mental and social stimulation. We have a full time activties team and other in-house appointed staff members all working together in creating a vibrant, healthy environment for our residents.
We encourage resident everyday participation in many group activites such as;
Coffee mornings, Quizzes and sing a longs. Aswell as Practical group activities like Needlework, Baking, Flower arranging & Gardening.
Here at Abbeyfield Irvine we have introduced some NEW group activties to add to the exsisting line up, to encourage and cater for ALL residents.
- Art therapy sessions (with appointed clients) are now available once a week
- The Abbeyfield Allsorts Enterprise group is consistently running
- A Reflections group once a week
- A Mens club and a Ladies club
- A sensory/quiet room which is open any time.
- Memory book sessions
- Once a month there is a resident outing to a local Football reminisce club
- Monthy Tea Dance (more information about these groups is available upon request)
New Communication Methods
Abbeyfield has introduced an updated Visual Communication System to encourage staff to maximise the amount of resident individual input we receive about everyday choices such as dressing, choice of activity, choice of food and to improve everyday communication.
- Every morning a member of staff goes around every resident with a communication board consisting of the date, year and any significant event that happened on that day. The staff member has a 2 minute conversation about weather, the resident birthday and anything else the resident may wish to chat about.
- the kitchen staff have been provided with a full 3 week picture menu, which they take around with them and display to the resident when they are enquiring choice preference at meal times.
- A Visual Communication folder containing images for all everyday happenings within the house and a magnetic notice board is now available for staff to use to increase the communication between staff and resident.
Abbeyfield Irvine House blog
A monthly updated blog is here to keep you updated with all of our latest happenings in the house.